Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Toast to 2011

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1....Happy New Year. Phil and I toasted the New Year at exactly midnight with our special group of friends in Mt. Pleasant, SC. It was a joyous occasion. Hugging each member of our group. "Happy New Year..." Kisses. Hugs. Special moments of cheer. Welcome to a new decade -- 2011.

On this morning of a new year, I awaken to rain outside. My left wrist predicted it yesterday when I noticed the slightest movement, reaching for my coffee cup, washing dishes, lifting a weightless piece of paper, gave my wrist such pain I almost screamed. "Rain is in the air," I said out loud. My wrist is a great weather forecaster and as I look outside I notice the dampness on the ground. Sun is peaking through the trees. A new day. A new year. Happy New Year.

What are the predictions for 2011? World peace? Improvement with the economy? A better world? I doubt it. Let us hope our economy does improve, along with the unemployment. 2010 was a dreadful year, with the Gulf Oil Spill, corruption, and so much more to report it would take an unlimited amount of space to write about all of it. And so, I will not report about all of the issues of 2010. I am moving forward, not looking back.

For 2011, I have new hope for the world, and for myself. I plan to work hard to finish many projects I am working on, including "Chattahoochee Child" -- a project so near and dear to my heart that I find it impossible to write. Who wants to read it, I say.

2011 is a year that I will work hard to finish things, including losing weight, exercising more and working hard to be the best person I can be to those close and dear to me.

Happy New Year. 2011 is a fresh, new year of hopes and dreams. The ten year anniversary of 9-11. Let us never forget that day. Happy New Year baby 2011.

No comments: